Custodian – NW Houston
Shift: 1st Shift, M-F
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50
Temp to Hire
Job Summary: The Custodian will be mainly responsible for the cleanliness of production and breakroom. The custodian will assist when needed with the cleanliness of the offices, laboratory, and areas where it is approved for entry within the facility.
- Perform general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and breakrooms.
- Perform limited grounds maintenance such as picking up trash around the building when needed.
- Wash windows.
- Assist in reporting safety hazards, reports deficiencies to maintenance or supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned when needed.
- Flexibility to help where needed.
- Keep production restrooms clean and replenish paper products as needed.
- Empty all trash cans in production and breakroom and surrounding areas and replace trach bags daily.
- Keep the parking lot clean.
- Responsible for the dusting and cleaning of equipment.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the facility clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with staff and management while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
- Be of good character and trustworthy.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must pass a new hire drug screening and E-Verify approval for employment in the US.
Prolonged periods standing.
Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift to 50 pounds at a time.