Quality Control Inspector
TPI Staffing has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Inspector in N. Houston (77066). This is a temp to hire position paying $20-26/hr. First shift Monday – Thursday. If you are interested and qualified, please email your resume to YomaliA@tpistaffing.com
Quality Control Inspector Responsibilities
• Ensuring all products meet requirements for reliability and workmanship, as well as other quality control program standards.
• Inspecting output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions, and examining functionality, as well as electrical testing as required.
• Checking that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures and complies with legal requirements.
• Reviewing blueprints, electrical schematics, and specifications to compare to produced goods and generating an inspection report to document all deviations.
• Recording inspection results by completing reports, summarizing re-works and wastes, and inputting data into a quality database
• Monitoring the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and discard any that do not meet requirements.
• Maintaining measurement equipment operating accurately by following calibration requirements and calling for repairs
• Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
• Comprehension and operation of basic electrical measuring equipment.
• Determining the causes of product defects and reworks
• Understanding the functionality of basic electrical components for use in industrial electrical cabinets/panels.
Quality Control Inspector Requirements
• Associates degree required.
• Two plus years of experience with electrical inspection and testing.
• Basic computer and math skills to calibrate and measure specifications required.
• Ability to use measuring devices such as gauges, meters, calipers, and computers required.
• Up-to-date knowledge of federal and industry standards, UL codes, and best practices required.
• Blueprint and electrical schematic reading capabilities required.
• Ability to physically push, pull, and lift 50lbs or more required.
• A BS in Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Experience in an ISO environment preferred.
• Experience in Lean/Six sigma preferred.
TPI Staffing, Inc. Employees enjoy $100 Hours Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, and a variety of insurance packages to include Medical, Dental, Vision and More! You are paid by TPI Staffing, Inc. weekly, enjoy a traditional Friday pay day! Upon direct hire benefits include Medical, HSA, term life, AD&D, STD, LTD, 401K, profit sharing, and ESOP contributions education, gym, dental, and vision reimbursement.